Thursday, August 2, 2012

Project Complete!

Well since I last posted we have finished up construction and I have left East Africa.  The project finished up well and looks great! Here are some of the last pictures I was able to get before I left.  Note: the painting subcontractor was still doing the final coats and installing the last windows on the upper floor when I left.
2 weeks before completion

Sunrise on the last day of major work

Typical Classroom Finish

Landscaping

Installing the windows

Landscaping complete and waiting for the painting to be finished

Leonard and I hanging out at the backside of the school

Also before I left I took some time to travel around eastern Africa.  I had the opportunity to Raft and Bungie Jump the Nile in Uganda and camp in the famous Masi Mara National Park.  All in all, I had a amazing experience in Kenya and loved my invaluable experience in the Cura Community.  I cannot wait until my chance to return and see the impact that the high school is having in the community.


Getting wet! In the front in the red helmet!

On the way over!

Going in sideways

Swan-dive
On the rebound

Camp in Lion Country

Simba!

Get back in the Samuri!

Our campsite was under the far tree in the middle

The Mara River






No comments:

Post a Comment