Sunday, April 1, 2012

Rabbits, Stew, and Iron

After a busy and long six day work week, we have almost finished the foundation walls. The project is going well and we are on track to finish the foundation before the rains come. Sadly, I hope this drought lasts a bit longer because  I am heading straight for the coast as soon as we finish the first floor slab for some brief R&R and some killer diving.




This morning I was invited over for breakfast to my fundi's (foreman's) home.  His wife had prepared a traditional meal of maize and mashed potatoes with greens, and beef and cauliflower stew that was all very good.  I've been eating a lot of beef here but nothing compares to the meat back home.  I can't wait for a big juicy New York Steak! His son James offered me a month old rabbit from their recent litter.  I want it so bad but I don't think I should have a baby rabbit running free around my room so I'm going to look into getting a cage when I go into town. You would be surprised how lonely it is here even with 50 children.  they can wear me out too!


Last night I found out the most relieving news. There is a gym in the closest town to me.  I'm off to the barbers to and then to check out this "gym". I don't have my hopes up considering the largest Gold's Gym west of the Mississippi was the last place I worked out at.

No comments:

Post a Comment